2024 Berks football coverage
presented by UECU

Logan Wegman handles pressure situations well.
He showed that at the PIAA Track and Field championships in the spring, unleashing a personal best 58-9 ¾ on his final attempt to win a silver medal in the shot put.
He showed that last year on the football field, when he didn’t allow a sack or a tackle for a loss in his first year as a starter on the offensive line at Exeter.
His ability to perform cooly under fire will body well for him at the United States Naval Academy, where he will continue his football career. He announced his decision to play for Navy Friday on his Twitter (X) account.
“He’s the kind of kid who can handle that kind of environment,” his mother, Gabriella, said. “He’ll do well and thrive.”

Wegman will join two other Berks players at Navy: Paul McClune, a 2024 Twin Valley grad, and Aris Drake, a senior lineman at Twin Valley.
Wegman collected more than two dozen Division I offers, among them the University of Connecticut, Delaware, Buffalo, Massachusetts and Army.
A 4.0 student who excels in mathematics, he also was offered by most of the Ivy League schools, including Harvard, Columbia, Yale, Princeton and Brown.
Wegman came on quickly for the Eagles last season as a junior, emerging as their best offensive lineman in his first year as a starter when he posted a team-best 96 percent blocking grad and earned all-league first-team honors at both offensive tackle and defensive end and was an All-Berks pick on offense.
That led to a productive and busy offseason that saw him tack 30 pounds onto chiseled his 6-5 frame.
“Logan is about as sure as a thing as you can get in a young lineman,” says his coach, Matt Bauer.
He is projected to be one of the top players in the Lancaster-Lebanon League this season.
Wegman, who’s now up to 275 pounds, recorded 50 pancake blocks as a junior and anchored a line that didn’t give up a sack during the regular season. On defense he recorded 57 tackles and 3.5 sacks.
He showed his athleticism, work ethic, and strength in the spring when he broke a school shot put record that had stood for more than 50 years.
“After much thought and prayer I have decided to continue my education and football career at the United States Naval Academy!” Wegman wrote on his Twitter account. “I am blessed to be given this opportunity.”

